- 125g/5oz plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 300ml milk
- 25g/1oz melted butter
- Oil for frying
- Put the flour and salt in a large bowl, make a small well in the middle. Crack in the eggs, add a splash of the milk and the melted butter.
- Use a balloon whisk to start whisking from the centre, gradually working your way outwards to incorporate the flour.
- Once the flour is mixed in, continue to whisk whilst you gradually pour in the remaining milk. Continue whisking until you have a smooth batter the consistency of single cream.
- Place a tsp of oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, use a ladle to drizzle in the batter, swirling the pan at the same time until the batter coats the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Leave for around 30 seconds, the pancake should start to bubble on top and then, holding the pan firmly, carefully shake the pan to loosen the pancake. Slide a fish slice or a palette knife underneath the pancake and carefully turn the pancake over. It should be a rich golden brown on the bottom.
- Leave for another 30 seconds and carefully lift the pancake to look underneath, making sure it’s cooked, then tip out of the pan onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining batter mix.
- Cover with your favourite topping and serve hot.