Intense blueberry flavor! If I could only have one muffin, this would be the one. These are fantastic made with fresh blueberries when they’re in season, but I also often make them in the winter with frozen berries.
- 2 cups Breadtopia Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- [optional] 2 tablespoons raw sugar (Turbinado or Demerara work best, but regular sugar is fine too)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line cups of one muffin pan with paper liners (or butter very thoroughly) and spray the top part of the pan lightly with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until well combined. Fold in the blueberries. Don’t worry if they break up a little here and there, that’s all good for the batter (but don’t overdo it).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan to fill each cup about 1/2 inch from the top of the paper liner. Sprinkle with the raw sugar (optional but it does make the muffins sparkle and adds a little crunch to the top).
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on a cooling rack. Turn the muffins out of the pan and serve immediately.
- Makes about 12 muffins